Hi, Lehigh Valley friends!
Our weather this winter has been all over the place, but chances are we’re not done with the cold weather just yet. With this in mind, I’ve compiled a few helpful hints to protect your home as the thermostat starts dropping again.
- Inspect your roof and replace any damaged or missing roof shingles.
- Make sure gutters and downspouts are free of leaves and debris.
- Consider a fresh coat of paint or sealer on your deck.
- On a windy day, close your windows and feel for air leaks.
- Seal any leaks with rope caulk.
- Install weather stripping on the sides or bottoms of any leaky doors.
- Insulate exposed plumbing
- Remove leaves or debris from your air conditioner’s condensing unit, cover for winter.
- If you haven’t had your fireplace chimney cleaned in a few years, hire a professional chimney sweep.
If you need a recommendation for local professionals who can perform this or any other work around your home, I can help!
If you are interested in a free consultation on how to get top dollar for your home in today’s market, I can help!